Air Conditioning Repair Service
It’s a horrible feeling - the temperature has soared, and your home air conditioner is not working! The last thing you need is to be waiting for days or even weeks for AC repair. Call Romano Bros. today for fast and friendly repair service. Our professionals will quickly diagnose the problem and provide you with a repair estimate. If we can fix it on the spot, we will absolutely do so.
Romano Bros. will have your air conditioner blowing ice-cold in no time, your satisfaction guaranteed.
Is Your Air Conditioner Not Working?
Here are five common causes of A/C problems and breakdowns:
- Faulty wiring: Uncertified and poor A/C wiring can be hazardous and often a serious fire hazard. Bad wiring and attempts to cover up or reconnect damaged wires can prevent your A/C unit and system from getting the correct amount of power. This can also lead to tripping limit switches and problems with your circuit breaker.
- Low refrigerant & refrigerant leaks: Your air conditioner uses refrigerant to cool air within the unit before sending it throughout your home. Improper refrigerant levels can lead to performance issues. If you notice that your system is running through refrigerant at an increased rate, you are likely dealing with a leak or internal problem with the A/C unit. Any leak will be harmful to the environment and possibly anyone that comes in contact with it, so call the licensed professionals at Romano Bros. to have it repaired.
- The outside fan is not working or damaged: Your unit’s outdoor fan is responsible for moving the warm air from inside your home out. When this fan operates improperly or is damaged and stops working completely, there is not a transfer of air and the air conditioning unit will overheat or function improperly causing damage to the compressor. Regular maintenance will catch any damage or budding problems with the fan and compressor before they lead to serious malfunctions.
- The outside unit will not turn on or function: If your air conditioner will not turn on or you can turn your system on inside but the outdoor unit will not work, you could be dealing with a number of problems. A faulty or dated thermostat could be the first thing to check, but if your thermostat is working, then you likely are facing an electrical problem or internal failure that should be left to the professionals.
- The coil is frozen: Airflow blockages, dirty air filters, and obstructions will often lead to a frozen coil. Regularly checking and replacing air filters, and keeping your ductwork clean, can help avoid this problem and maintain optimal airflow within the system. Low refrigerant levels can also lead to a frozen coil.
We do not want to see you without a nice, cool breeze in these humid Chicago summers! Call the pros at Romano Bros. at (630) 931-0123 or use our online contact form for all your A/C repair needs today!